- Products Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Complex Commercial Practices
- Intellectual Property
- Employment Law
Damon Kamvosoulis is an experienced litigator and trial attorney, representing clients in a wide range of legal issues, including products liability, toxic tort, environmental, complex commercial practices, intellectual property and employment. In addition to representing his clients in litigation, Mr. Kamvosoulis is often retained to advise on business matters and counsel clients on how to limit litigation exposure and liability.
Prior to joining McCullough Ginsberg as a Partner, Mr. Kamvosoulis served the firm, and its clients, in an Of Counsel capacity for five years, while simultaneously operating a solo practice. Before entering solo practice, Mr. Kamvosoulis worked in the litigation department of two prominent New Jersey law firms, representing clients in state and federal jurisdictions involving claims of products liability, toxic tort, New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act violations, commercial disputes and intellectual property infringement.
Significant Recent Engagements
- Assisted the National Trial Team of a major wire and cable manufacturer in overseeing asbestos, environmental and toxic tort litigation matters throughout the country.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in defense of a multi-district products liability litigation involving thousands of plaintiffs through the country.
- Represented a regional beverage manufacturer in advancing claims of trademark infringement against a national manufacturer.
- Successfully negotiated a software licensing agreement on behalf of a program.
- Representing clients in litigation involving the application of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a former President and CEO, dismissing claims against him that sought to extend personal liability for debts of the corporation.
- Obtained a dismissal of fraud claims against a former corporate CFO.
- Obtained restraints on behalf of the minority shareholders against a majority shareholder and corporate President, barring them from participating in the corporation and acting on its behalf.
- Defended a national real estate developer and management company against claims of non-compliance with the ADA.
- Successfully negotiated a resolution of a longstanding shareholder dispute to effectuate an appropriate –corporate divorce,– allowing the company and its shareholders to move forward.
- Long Island University – College of Pharmacy, B.S. (Pharmacy) 2000
- Seton Hall University – School of Law, J.D. 2003
- Seton Hall University – School of Law, Graduate Certificate – Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Law and Compliance, 2012
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. District of New Jersey
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- New Jersey Registered Pharmacist
- Hellenic American Bar Association – Current President
- Bergen County Bar Foundation – Trustee
- Bergen County Pharmaceutical Society – Trustee
Lectures and Publications
- Pharmacy Law 101: Back to the Basics. Presented to the New Jersey Pharmacists Association, Region One, April 2013
- Anatomy of a Pharmaceutical Malpractice Case. Presented to the New Jersey Pharmacists Association, Region One, April 2011
- Pharmacy Law Update. Presented to the New Jersey Pharmacists Association, Region One, April 2010
- Pharmacy Law: A Refresher on Pharmacy Law for the New Jersey Practitioner. Presented to the New Jersey Pharmacists Association, Region One, November 2008
- “Alternative Dispute Resolution: Insulating Your Employer Client From a Rogue Jury,” New Jersey Law Journal, March 31, 2008
- “Keeping the Lid on Jury Verdicts,” New Jersey Law Journal, April 2, 2007. (co-authored)